Rajan is a Corporate Lawyer as well as a Rank Holder Chartered Accountant with over 20 years’ professional experience in Corporate & Commercial laws, M&A transactions, Indirect Taxation etc.
Besides, Rajan is also a qualified Insolvency Resolution Professional.
Rajan has extensive experience of working on indirect tax (including GST) and international taxation advisory projects, litigation support and tax reviews/due diligence for various large multinational and Indian clients. He has top quality experience of appearances before tax adjudication and appellate authorities including ITAT, CESTAT, High Court and Supreme Court.
In addition, Rajan has extensive experience of working on M&A Transactions/Corporate Structuring, Joint Ventures & Collaborations, Private Equity Transactions, structuring, negotiation and drafting of various types of Commercial Contracts/Agreements including EPC/Concession Contracts, Project Finance Documentation, Due Diligences, FDI matters, advising/strategizing/briefing on corporate/commercial litigation matters etc for various large transnational and Indian clients. He has advised clients from various sectors like – Real Estate & Construction; Hospitality; Roads & Highway; Private Equity; Oil & Gas; Manufacturing; FMCG; Professional Services; Print, Electronic & Digital Media; NBFC; Logistics; IT and ITES etc.
During years 2008-10, Rajan lead an advisory team of lawyers (from law firm Fox Mandal) which advised Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India on various aspects of undertaking reforms in Indian corporate insolvency/bankruptcy & security enforcement laws and laws regarding closing of business in India which has now culminated in new Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code. During the advisory assignment, conducted comprehensive study of international best practices, prepared concept notes, conducted presentations before the Committee of Secretaries and assisted the MCA in formulating the overall Conceptual Framework of proposed integrated insolvency/bankruptcy code. Also provided assistance in drafting of winding up/insolvency related provisions in the Companies Bill which was later enacted as Companies Act 2013.
Before taking up Partner position with our Firm, Rajan was associated with the following firms in senior partner capacities: MBC Counsels & Advocates, SRGR Law Offices, Fox Mandal, Khaitan & Co., PricewaterhouseCoopers, Vaish Associates, Advocates.
Pro Bono Work & Others
- On request of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), revised the Indirect Tax study material of C.A. (Final) in years 2001, 2002 & 2003.
- Helped the ICAI in preparation of background materials in Indirect Taxes for its various Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Programmes during period from 2001 onwards.
- Reviewed many tax articles written by various authors for publication in ICAI Journal.
- Addressed several TV programmes on various TV channels on tax and corporate issues.
- Authored and co-authored various published Articles on taxation and corporate law issues.
- Conducted various workshops on Corporate Laws, M&A, Insolvency & Restructuring, GST and Taxation etc for clients and industry associations including ICAI, International Indian Bar Association, PwC, CII, National Law University Jodhpur, Jindal Global Law School, Khaitan & Co., FoxMandal Little, Convention-Pro, Singapore, Hannover Business Fair in Germany (for VDMA), seminars in Japan,
Rajan holds following professional memberships/ accreditations
- Fellow Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Enrolment with Bar Council of Delhi
- Qualified Insolvency Resolution Professional
- Member of Delhi High Court Bar Association